WHAT TO EXPECT AT POUNDBURY YOGA STUDIO ?
– short form to be completed on arrival with contact details and known health issues. Payments taken before the class. Good idea to arrive a bit early to allow time for this.
The confidential information you supply will only be used for the purpose of contacting you regarding classes held here.
Adjustments – it is an important part in the teaching of Iyengar Yoga that teachers may be required to adjust their students. Please tell the teacher if you do not wish to be adjusted.
– shoes off at door please, bare feet used, heated floor so they won’t be cold!
– 10 students may enrol for each class/block of dates.
– classes suitable for men and women of all ages, less mobile or mature will receive extra support e.g. chair, wall etc. Yoga is as much a benefit for men as women!
– equipment provided – you don’t need to bring a mat
– clothing – t-shirt, leggins or shorts are suitable. Clothing not too baggy or that restricts movement. Toilet/changing space available
– postures a variety of postures taught with relaxation at the end. These may consist of standing, sitting, lying down and inversions. All carefully sequenced and taught according to ability and progress. Clear demonstration and instruction is given
– mobile phones – thank you for turning off
– perfume – thank you for not using perfume in the studio (unless it is an anti perspirant) as this can be a distraction and contaminates the fabrics used
– parking on Bridport Road as per ‘location instructions’ is appreciated
WE ARE LEARNING ANCIENT POSTURES TO MAINTAIN HEALTH AND WELLBEING FOR BODY AND MIND FROM A FULLY QUALIFIED IYENGAR YOGA TEACHER.